Monday, May 01, 2017

Quick Personal Update : Leisure Phail !

I don't really have anything substantial to share today and some readers from SMU Law School may be eagerly awaiting for my "kiss and tell" article on this blog.

Right now, I am not in the right frame of mind to complete that article because our professors are slowly releasing the results of the final semester, as I am teetering on the brink of losing a decent degree classification, my state of mind in a huge mess. For the past two nights, I have been getting nightmares about getting shitty grades but there has been a small measure of good news. Just now, I checked the SMU website and I cleared my hardest subject last semester and I now have only 0.5 modular units of grades to report and I currently have a decent probability of scrapping through.

Still, it's not over until its over and Law School release of results have always been a nasty episode of Game of Thrones for me.

But onto happier things...

Unfortunately I did not succeed in meeting all my leisurely KPIs during the past 2 weeks.

I was supposed to finish two fictional novels which does not have anything to do with law, engineering or finance. I was partially successful and completed Thrawn by Timothy Zahn about who is possibly the coolest villain in the Star Wars Universe. But yesterday I was only able to finish half of Death's End by Liu Cixin. I strongly recommend the Liu's award winning Three Body Problem series of science fiction novels which came from China. It was truly epic in scope and its brilliance is only matched by the TV Drama Serial Fires in Nirvana.

Interestingly, when I face a constraint and have to make a trade-off during a period of leisure, the first thing I drop are computer games, so I did not download and install the enhanced version of Planescape Torment. I also did not manage to start on any anime series even though Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans Season 2 is number one of my list right now. One reason is that I am an extrovert and prefer to hang out and talk to people rather than indulge in manufactured flow. The other reason is probably due to the amount of literature I consumed on how computer games have become the number one drug for unemployed non-degree males around the world.

One of the biggest conundrums of my life is that my best gaming ideas and insights only pop up when I was academically stressed. In more peaceful times of my life when there are no cases to read or exams to pass, I actually am actually quite lethargic when it comes to doing things I enjoy, I only started doing up logistics for my Bangkok trip about 5 days before we flew.

Anyway, sorry for the pointless ranting. Over next week, I will fleshing out the details of my next talk which is shaping out to be quite cool and you'll be bale to read the next instalment of Equity Management.

Tomorrow I begin another round of internship but with a REAL law-firm.














No comments:

Post a Comment